Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Movie of The Month: Die Hard-y Goodness

Hey everyone!

First off, thank you a billion times over to all that joined us at the legendary Viper Room last Monday night for an epic evening of rock & roll.  Needless to say, we all had an absolute gas performing on stage for you!  A special thanks to DJ Stryker from KROQ for playing our song "Surrender" earlier in the day as well as introducing us at Viper Room, and the CBS film crew that taped our performance for a future air date.  We will keep you updated as to when our feature will air on Stryker's show.  Can't wait!

So.



Die Hard 5.  That's right.  5.  Suck it Lethal Weapon.

We had a night off on Tuesday and figured we would go catch a flick.  There are a few movies out that I want to see, but one in particular topped the list.  Naturally, that film was A Good Day To Die Hard.  Now, I should inform you that this guy (me) is a HUGE appreciator of the Die Hard films.  I've seen them and loved them all, of course the first and third being favorites.  But this fifth installment in the Die Hard series was no slouch.  I may even venture to say I enjoyed it thoroughly.  And I did.  Both ventured and, in thorough fashion, enjoyed said film.

The fifth movie of the Die Hard series did not disappoint.   There was gratuitous destruction, plot twists that I should have seen coming, silly Russian accents, explosions, guns, swearing... everything I wanted it to be.  And of course there was John McClane.  One of the most courageous, unlucky/lucky, and badass characters ever dreamed up to grace the action film genre.  Suffice to say, I got my fix.  Though recounting my experience of this film I have now grown the itch to watch the other Die Hards... alas.

So, if you have that desire to witness the nonchalant ravaging of Moscow and the urge to vicariously take down evil Russian terrorists, by all means, please see this movie.

Ty

No comments: