Monday, December 2, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving and Music, Music, Music

Hey all.

Apologies for my lack of blogging recently, let's just say that November was emphatically "unblogtastic" on my part.

Anywho.

I'd like to quickly wish everyone a belated Merry Thanksgiving, I hope that it was wonderful for you all with much eating and enjoyment of family/friends. Most of 28 North is currently back east, Taylor will be joining us in a couple weeks to play some dates in the Eastern region.  We are very excited to be playing in our respective hometowns of Pittsburgh and Cleveland.  We will also be performing in Philadelphia, Indianapolis, Chicago, and St. Charles, IL.  It has been a while since we've returned to some of these cities, so if you are in any of the aforementioned areas, anticipate a hefty, long overdue dose of spirited rock 'n roll.  We are PUMPED!!  Get more info/details on the shows at 28North.com.

So.

You may have noticed that I have been using 28 North Speaks as a forum to share the music that currently inspires me these days.  As I've mentioned previously, J. Roddy Walston & The Business and Deer Tick both released excellent new albums which I continue to enjoy extensively.  However, they count for just two of many wonderful fall releases.  And now I would like to recommend two more records which deserve your immediate attention.  Those being White Denim's Corsicana Lemonade and Jonathan Wilson's Fanfare.  These albums contain a massive wealth of musical creativity.  I'll have extensive reviews for both in the coming weeks but for now just trust me and indulge in these fantastic aural achievements.

Happy listening,

Ty

No comments: