Sunday, December 23, 2012

Album of The Month



I know.  Where was the album of the month for the previous like three months.  I'm sorry, I've been slacking.  Nevertheless, I am committed to this cause.  For we all need music to inspire us.  Especially when we spend endless hours per day crafting our own songs.  It is only natural to fuel one's mojo with outside sources.  Music being an obvious culprit and of utmost necessity.

Personally, I have been binging on one of my favorite groups of today: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.  This band, native to San Francisco and now based in Los Angeles, is a bit of an "indie-rock" favorite at this point in their career.  I confess I have not seen them live as of yet, but I hear from first hand sources that they an authentic brand of epic.  B.R.M.C. is now in support of their sixth full length album, Beat The Devil's Tattoo, which I am featuring in this post, with a seventh to be released next year.

B.R.M.C.'s sixth record, Beat The Devil's Tattoo, keeps to their previous standard as a journey through luscious lo-fi soundscapes that are fortified by beautiful, traditional songwriting accompanied by melodies that could soothe a lion.  Amidst the droning traditional blues riffs, the stomping thunderous drums, and the quiet serenity of intimate acoustic numbers are the concepts of temptation and redemption, struggle and victory.  It seems as though B.R.M.C. draws from the dregs of both the good and bad in life to concoct a remedy to your anxiety.  You can bang your head and pound your fists to this record as well as lose yourself in a meditative trance.

Please listen to this record and all other B.R.M.C. releases.

Ty

No comments: