Monday, December 17, 2012

Puzzles! And New Year's Eve in Pittsburgh!!

Apologies for the crappy picture

That's right!  I'm into puzzles!  Possibly you have figured this out already dear reader.

I am very proud of my most recent accomplishment, Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night.  This one was hard.  Really hard.  It is 1,000 pieces, the fourth installment of a puzzle this size for me and by far the most difficult so far.

28 North Puzzle Arsenal
At this point I have completed, with help of course, seven puzzles total.  Four 1,000 piece puzzles as I mentioned before, and three 500+ jobbers.

Now, I know what you are thinking.  You dorky fucking hipster, you think you are so quaint by entertaining yourself with an archaic form of hobby, why don't you do something more productive with your time?!  Fuck off I say to that.  I find the concentration and meditative qualities of doing a puzzle to be very stimulating.  And I am going to keep to puzzles.



Our next puzzle adventure is a very special puzzle indeed.  One of our biggest fans and friend Megan gave us a glorious gift indeed in the 28 North puzzle she bestowed upon us.  I could not have asked for a more appropriate present.
Next puzzle, Thanks Megan!

And on the suggestion of Taylor, no less, we will be looking into getting a second puzzle table going.  Yes, indeed.  There may be even more ludicrous puzzle behavior in store for the 28 North gang.  I'll keep you posted.



Also, we at 28 North are honored and supremely excited to be playing in Pittsburgh this New Year's Eve at The Rex Theatre!  We will be joined by the legendary Poogie Bell Band, the mega funky Old E Allstars, and there will also be sexy dancing by The Bridge City Bombshells!  This is a New Year's celebration not to be missed.  There will be free champagne at midnight and tickets are only 7$!!  So come join us ring in 2013 (it's 2012 right?) in roaring 28 North fashion, nestled in the bosom of the city that spawned this rock 'n roll outfit.  Can't wait!

Get you tickets early!!!

Tickets/info

Facebook event



P.S.  A quick BIRTHDAY SHOUTOUT to my sister Claire and belated birthday shoutout to my dad. Happy Birthday!  Love you guys!

Ty

No comments: