Monday, August 20, 2012

Phish, Justin Bieber, and Pittsburgh!

That is right.  We went to see Phish.

Now, I understand that Phish is a loaded topic in the music world, it's a love/hate kind of thing.  And by my ambivalent nature I have claimed to have such a relationship with Phish and their music.  But the truth is this:

I love Phish.

Sure, the scene is a conglomeration of hipped-out-crunchy-adventure-party people, the music is weird, and maybe you just don't get it.  But the fact remains, in my opinion, that Phish continue to be the most fiercely unique phenomenon in music.

No one plays like Phish.  No one has a more loyal fan-base than Phish.  No one consistently sells out arenas across the country for as long as Phish has.  No one else has played nine festivals for tens of thousands in which the only band playing was themselves.

It may not be for everybody but I certainly love Phish.  I guess the point of this post is to essentially declare myself a Phish fan.  However you choose to judge me is your own prerogative.

Btw, you can actually see me in this picture from the concert at Long Beach Arena, can you find me? (Hint: I'm wearing a yellow shirt):


You can check out some sweet video footage from the Long Beach show we attended on YouTube here.  If you're into lengthy improvised music you will enjoy this:


Also, even more importantly, Justin Bieber was at the show.  You can read about it here.  Apparently Bieber had a hankering for some mushroom chocolates and glow sticks.

In other news, we are super-psyched to announce that 28 North will be returning to play a show in Pittsburgh!  It's been far too long so we are extremely excited to be playing at Thunderbird Cafe on Saturday September 1st.  It is going to be an epic evening, mark your calendars Pittsburgh!

More sooooooooon.....

Ty


No comments: